Our Online Jobs*
You can be a digital nomad, too!
Have you ever wondered what it was like to teach English to students in a foreign country? Do you want an extra income or a new full-time job? Do you want to travel the world and only work on your computer?
VIPKID is for you! We have been working with this incredible company for almost two years now and absolutely love it! We get to teach one-on-one classes with children in China from our computers. It's incredible! The amount of perks for this job are outstanding:
- You can pick your own schedule-- no minimum or maximum amount of hours to fulfill ever!
- Work for 25-minute increments and make your own breaks
- Make an awesome salary (depending on your experience): $17-22 per hour!
- Get an opportunity to learn about Chinese culture from the comfort of your own home, hotel, or AirBNB-- without having to speak Mandarin
- All of the lessons are pre-made for you! Therefore, there is no need to lesson plan
- There are very little costs for the job: a puppet or any toy you can find, a marker board, and a non-distracting background. Easy and cheap!
There are only a small number of requirements for working with VIPKID:
- You must be a native English speaker from either the U.S.A. or Canada
- You must have a Bachelor's Degree
- You must have a little bit of teaching experience, either teaching English abroad or in an American/Canadian school
- A stable internet connection, a headset, and a computer (duh!)
The training and interviewing process can be a little daunting or confusing, but if you simply shoot us an email whenever you have questions or need help of any kind, we'd be more than happy to help you! We love to help people start work with our company because we're obviously obsessed with it!
Here's our e-mail: wordswithwinos(at)gmail(dot)com
We're looking forward to hearing from you and good luck!
AirBNB*- This is our main accommodation that we use throughout the world. We've used it in almost every country we've been to! It's a cheaper option to hotels and makes you travel more like a local than a tourist! Sign up here and get $35, or 30 Euros, towards your first stay!
Couchsurfing- This is another way we stay in places abroad-- and how we meet people! It's an awesome resource if you're willing to stay in people's homes for free! Seriously! No strings attached! You can also meetup with people who are apart of the Couchsurfing community, which is now about 14,000,000 strong!
Trusted Housesitters*- Are you willing to watch someone else's home while taking care of their adorable furbabies and save money while traveling? Or, are you someone that wants to travel more often, but can't afford a kennel for your pet while you're gone? Then, you definitely need to try Trusted Housesitters! You only pay an annual fee (click our link for a 20% discount!), then everything else it totally free! We housesat in Tuscany, Italy for a month and paid $0 in rent. Well worth the fee if you ask us!
Sky Scanner- We are obsessed with Sky Scanner! Every time we want to book a flight or even just browse on a lazy Sunday afternoon, we always head there first. We've found they offer the cheapest flights and have flight deals of all kinds!
FlixBus- Cheap, timely, and comfortable buses in Europe. We took this across Tuscany directly to the airport in Rome, which is almost a four hour ride, for just 13 Euros each. What a deal!
GoEuro- While traveling anywhere in Europe, this is the first place we go to find transportation. They have all the modes: trains, buses, and even cars!
BlaBlaCar- In Italy, we needed to somehow get from the Rome airport to one of the furthest part of Tuscany, but the trains were far too expensive. Luckily, we found BlaBlaCar! It's basically hitch-hiking, but more modernized, safe, and legitimate! Just type in where you are and want to go and more than likely, you'll find someone driving that same route who can pick you up.
Uber*- Uber is the way to get around anywhere. Forget taxis! Uber is far cheaper, faster, and just overall better. You can even leave reviews after each ride to ensure better service! Click the link to receive your first ride free!
Preply- We're very excited to announce that we've teamed up with the company Preply! Preply is an online language learning platform for those that want to practice speaking a different language from the comfort of their own home. It's catered to both adults and children. It even has fantastic options, like choosing a "native speaker" or someone who speaks your native language-- or not! There's a plethora of tutors and best of all, they're all at different yet affordable prices. They even give you the option to meet with tutors in person!
Canon Powershot G7 X Mark I Digital Camera- We only recently purchased this camera and we are embarrassed that we waited so long! It has excellent HD video quality and produces clear and colorful photos. It's also easy to use and is compact-- the greatest combination in a piece of equipment for traveling!
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, White- Although this microphone may look like a softball with a stand, it's an excellent microphone for a podcast. It makes us sound clear and cuts out all of the background noise, if there ever happens to be any. Plus, it's affordable!
Amazon*- This is where we purchase almost all of our gear, whether it's for traveling, podcasting, or other miscellaneous things. The products are priced well, delivery is often free, fast, and efficient. We've even gotten orders not just shipped home to us, but internationally, as there are many Amazon locations across the globe.
* These are affiliate links. If you make a purchase with them through our links above or any others throughout our site, we will earn a commission at no cost to you. We greatly appreciate it if you do decide to support us by making a purchase through these links and are more than happy to answer any questions about them you may have.