Kelly and Kari from Workationing (Interview Episode 8)
Ever wondered how you can have a career and travel the world simultaneously? In this interview episode, Matt and I got the chance to chat with Kelly and Kari from Workationing who do just that! Kelly and Kari are two adventurous and passionate friends/colleagues from the US who love both traveling and working. Since they are both career-minded women who want to progress in their field of digital public relations, but also are in love with traveling and discovering new cultures, they decided to combine their two passions and thus, Workationing was born!
In our interview with them, we discussed tons of fun topics with them:
- A definition of "workationing"
- How they started to workation together
- Where they've workationed together, where they are, and where that are going next
- Some items on their bucket list and which they want to accomplish next the most
- Where they specifically work and what they do there
- Where they stay when workationing for a long period of time abroad
- Some awesome AirBNB hacks!
- The most terrifying moment for them while abroad
- Reverse culture shock
- The country they'd live in for the rest of their lives if they had to choose
- Bioluminescent beaches and where to find them
- Positives and negatives of traveling with a friend/colleague
- Advice for aspiring travelers and/or workationers
Thank you so much, Kelly and Kari, for chatting with us! We had a great time and we hope you did, too! For our listeners/readers, thank you for listening and/or reading! Feel free to check Kelly and Kari out at their blog or their podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud! You can also check them out on social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Wine: Campo de Chile - Merlot (Chile)